textural – creamy – fine
food & wine
roast chicken stuffed with thyme, sage and lemon butter.
pays d'oc (languedoc, france)
15% of the blend comes from the foothills of the cévennes at an altitude of 400m where clay-limestone and basaltic soils give freshness and acidity to the wine. 25% comes from the hérault plain with rich, stony clay giving rich round wines. 35% comes from the aude valley where the clay-limestone soils of the minervois region contribute fruitiness and suppleness. the remaining 25% is sourced comes from the limoux region where the vines are grown on terraces at altitudes of 150 to 400 metres.
35% of this delightful chardonnay is fermented in new and one-year-old oak barrels with regular lees stirring for 9 months, which provides texture and mid-palate creaminess to the wine. the remaining 65% of the juice is fermented in stainless steel vats at cooler temperatures, resisting malolactic fermentation to retain freshness and the wine’s natural acidity.
intense white peach, nectarine and stonefruit on the palate with a hint of fig and lemon peel. the palate is soft and youthful, with notes of grilled hazelnuts and subtle oak from partial ageing in quality french oak barriques.